We are looking for a resourceful Restaurant Manager, whose responsibilities include maintaining the restaurant’s revenue, profitability and quality goals. You will ensure efficient restaurant operation, as well as maintain high production, productivity, quality, and customer-service standards.
• Coordinate the restaurant operation, including front-of-house and back-of-house
• Work personally on the floor and supervise floor staff
• Train the floor staff
• Deliver superior guest services and ensure absolute customer satisfaction
• Respond efficiently to customer complaints
• Enforce and offer the best quality of products possible
• Organize and supervise shifts
• Appraise personnel’s performance and provide feedback to keep them upbeat and productive
• Estimate consumption, forecast requirements and maintain inventory
• Track compliance with sanitation and safety rules and regulations
• Control costs and cut waste
• Nurture a positive working environment and lead by example as restaurant supervisor
• Track operations and start corrective actions
• Be aware of the other business areas: Pasta Lab (daily production of fresh pasta and sauces), Cantina (downstairs shop), Casa Emilia cooking school (weekly classes)
• Extensive knowledge of Italian food & beverage and culinary traditions
• Proficiency in Italian and English
• Proven working experience as restaurant manager or restaurant general manager
• Demonstrated career experience in customer service management
• Computer literacy and familiarity with restaurant management software
• Strong leadership, motivational and people skills
• Acute financial management skills
Pasta Emilia started in 2005 in Bronte with a traditional and organic “Pasta Lab” and a little shop front, selling at local farmers’ markets and just a few fine food retailers. In 2012 it found a new home on Riley Street, Surry Hills. The new space enabled to add the dining room and gave the opportunity for regular cooking classes.
Our aim is to create a home away from home, for our customers to experience a truly Emilian atmosphere and enjoy our love for food, people, places and stories. At the table traditional recipes meet the finest local, seasonal, certified organic, biodynamic and ethical ingredients. For us the words 'organic' and 'biodynamic' are not trendy calling cards: we work on the basis that our choices around food hold a key role in making the world a better place. Our wines are exclusively natural, biodynamic and organic and hail from small vineyards in the local hills of Emilia Romagna or similarly unique Australian wines.